Laporan sebelum ini pihak media massa menyatakan bahawa waktu puncak perkhidmatan Transit Aliran Ringan LRT pada jam 11pagi hingga 2 petang adalah satu kesilapan. berikut adalah keratan berita tersebut.
"Waktu 11 pagi hingga 2 petang dianggap sebagai antara waktu puncak bagi perkhidmatan Transit Aliran Ringan (LRT) terutama di Stesen KL Sentral.
Menyedarai keadaan itu, Prasarana Malaysia Berhad (Prasarana) telah menjemput lapan pemimpin industri terkemuka dari beberapa syarikat untuk merasai pengalaman menaiki LRT semasa waktu puncak dengan diiringi oleh Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif Prasarana, Datuk Azmi Abdul Aziz.
Semasa perjalanan selama 10 minit dari KL Sentral kira-kira 11.30 pagi ke Stesen KLCC, kelapan-lapan tetamu itu tidak diberi layanan VIP dan beberapa orang daripada mereka terpaksa berdiri kerana tren sesak dengan penumpang.
Pemimpin industri berkenaan ialah Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif Kumpulan CIMB Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Aziz, Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam Darat (SPAD) Mohd Azharuddin Mat Sah, Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif Touch 'n Go Syahrunizam Samsudin, Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif InvestKL Datuk Zainal Amanshah dan Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif MyHSR Corporation Sdn Bhd Mohd Nur Ismal Mohamed Kamal.
Berikut adalah kenyataan balas dari Mr LIM JIN AUN Ketua Kumpulan Komunikasi dan Strategik Pemasaran bagi pihak Prasarana
1. The photo used in the article was not that of KL Sentral station in which the Kelana Jaya Line LRT service passes by. The photo posted was that of the Ampang Line LRT service and the photo was likely taken when the service encountered disruption during peak hours.
2. While our LRT services do encounter service disruptions, as with any other rail services in the world, we have diligently maintained a service reliability rate of 99.7% over the past years.
3. We have posted online to clarify that the period between 11am and 2pm is not deemed peak hours as reported by several media. Our regular peak hours are between 7am and 9am and 5pm and 7pm.
4. The intention of the LRT ride on Thursday was to give the corporate leaders an opportunity to experience taking the public transport in an effort to encourage the culture within their organizations and the public in general, as well as to obtain their feedback for further improvement.
5. Prasarana Malaysia Berhad has put in much effort to continually enhance the public transport infrastructure and to promote the use of public transport services, particularly in Greater Klang Valley, as part of the aspiration to mitigate traffic congestions, particularly during weekday, peak hours.
6. We hope that more people in the Klang Valley would benefit from the opening of the LRT Line Extension Project in end June 2016 in which the Kelana Jaya Line and Ampang Line LRT services would be extended to cover the areas of Subang Jaya, USJ, Bandar Kinrara, and Puchong up to Putra Heights.
7. We also look forward further developing the LRT infrastructure in the Klang Valley with the development of LRT3 which covers the areas between Bandar Utama, Shah Alam, and Klang.
8. We thank you and your readers for the constructive feedback and look forward to having the support from you and your readers as we continually improve on our systems and services.
Thanks and best regards,
LIM JIN AUN
Head Group Communications and Strategic Marketing